Wednesday, September 06, 2006

One of my favorites. (plus another)

Like (almost) all students, I love free stuff. College life can get tough, especially if you don't have any money. Which in part is why I love The Test Pilot. Two words: FREE MUSIC!

Okay, so it's not a huge array of downloads, but it's a bit select. The guy who runs it posts up samples of artists' best songs. They're not necessarily well-known artists (I think the latest well-known artist he posted up were some recent Dashboard Confessional songs), but I would say it's mostly indie. In his little "About Me" section, he says he does the blog "to put music out there that I think people don't know about and should try." I'm always on the lookout for new artists, so I like to frequent his blog a lot. I actually came across it looking for a New Order song I heard playing with a trailer to this flick called "Marie Antoinette," and he had a download of it. Don't know when that movie is coming out. I guess I should look it up.

And yes, I do like free stuff ... but I do take his advice. If you like it enough ... you should buy it. It's always cool to support the artist.

Honorable Mention: Pink Is the New Blog! I love this blog, too. I can't live without reading this blog everyday. Trent is always making fun of Kim Stewart (I know ... who's that?) and his commentary on everything is pretty funny. It's a celebrity blog, by the way. He'll have the craziest looking pictures and put his "pink" commentary on it. And he'll even take the most boring picture in the world and make it interesting. It's where I get my celebrity gossip, too. A must see! Go ... now!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home