Monday, October 02, 2006

*crickets chirping*

Yes.

Cobwebs have formed inside my head because I don't know what would be cool to do for a final project. I suppose it should be something that a) isn't too hard and b) will enjoy doing.

............ okay! I guess I came up with something. My sister is always talking about these guys that do Diggnation. Basically, they're two guys who talk about stuff on the web, or totally go off on tangents while drinking beers. I could try to do something like that, or at least I think that would be fun.

Also, I guess I've had this in my head for a while, but I've always wanted to start up my own website which would be like an "artist collective." It was originally an idea for me to have some sort of resume up on the web complete with all the writing stuff I've done, but it kind of bloomed into something else during the summer. I was thinking about just featuring artists on there, their work and other things ... kind of act like a host for their own resumes/work/etc. Most of the artists would be local, and the "artists" I speak of could be musicians, painters, sculptors, writers, photographers ... whatever is considered creative. I also planned to possibly have something like a podcast on there, in which I interviewed or talked to one of the featured artists. Another thing was to have my friend's recorded journals from his recent trip to the Philippines, or maybe host a podcast that he was trying to get started. But now ... I don't really know. I figure this is more of an outside thing (like non-school related), and I have no idea how to really make it interactive ... besides letting people comment on what they like or don't, or having a forum for other artists to be in touch with each other, la, la, la.

Or ... I could just make another YouTube!!! I'm kidding. I'm just ... drawing a blank on the project. I need ideas!!!

3 Comments:

At 5:56 PM, Blogger Andrea said...

Art is a very general term, isn't it? A website featuring the work of local artists would be neat. The Bay Area has so much to offer. But we don't really hear about it aside from small articles in the paper or local TV.

Perhaps you can make a vlog showcasing local bands. Like have an interview segment, followed by the band playing a song.

For drawings and paintings, sometimes I go to Deviant Art. I like this site because the artists generally have a theme, and people can comment on the pieces. There's also clubs or communities that members can join.

 
At 11:59 AM, Blogger Rio said...

I have a friend who sometimes puts together a poetry bulletin on myspace. he requests poems and short stories from his friends and collects them until he has enough then posts them as a bulletin for all his other friends to read. I participated once it was pretty cool to see my poem and read other people. I like the idea of a collective and you could have open posts or forums so that it could be interactive. but the talking with beers might be pretty easy too. decisions decisions its hard.

i did find this Corkartist collective which features a few artists from ireland. maybe you should check it out for some direction.

 
At 9:41 AM, Blogger fictiondc said...

I think that the art thing is the way to go. Like Andrea said, the bay area has a lot of great stuff to work with.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home