Friday, July 13, 2007

the first installment of "ironic YouTube comments" shall commence now!

I'm super addicted to YouTube, and I know you know that. But another addiction I have are the comments people leave. Sometimes you don't know if these people are completely serious or just trying to get some attention. Anyway, I hope to make this a consistent thing, as I am consistently on YouTube, and consistently being entertained by certain people.

After I read this comment, I swear ... it had to be the first one:

"You're right. I don't like this "new" pop-rock shit. It's pop music with electric guitars. It isn't rock. I hate most of the music out today, with the exception of some of the nu metal."****
--
- hobag1978; saw it while watching the video for "1979" by the Smashing Pumpkins

Yes. I just called out the user. They deserve all the credit.

(****and I bet you're wondering why I think this is an ironic statement. I'll tell you: nu metal is something that makes me laugh. Not the music, but the sheer fact that it's called nu metal. Sure, I could put those cute two little dots over the top of that "u" but it just makes me want to laugh even more. Also, I suppose the user has a point, saying that "new pop-rock" is just pop music with electric guitars, but at the same time ... what pop music DOESN'T use electric guitars? I suppose if you listen to some early Beatles, when they made those charming movies named after their songs, you won't hear any electric guitars? I think that pop music pretty much uses anything that ISN'T considered to be pop music standard these days, so a statement like this definitely makes me roll my eyes and gag a little. Yeah, sure I hate most of music today, too, but that doesn't mean I can't listen to it and appreciate certain songs. And anyway, if we're upset about pop music using electric guitars, what about pop music using drum kits? It's kind of like, "Oh, that song has lyrics in it." Oh, how dare they!)

Visit: I don't have a stupid video, YOUTUBE.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home