Friday, September 14, 2007

fall preview: Big Shots



The men of "Big Shots" try to channel their inner Carrie Bradshaw. Or that time she walked the runway and ended up falling on her butt. (Can you say "Awkward pose?")

I kind of see it ... four successful men living in Manhattan being controlled by the women in their lives. Question is, though: is it a new take on the ever present power-struggle? Man versus Man? Or even Man versus Woman?

Probably not. But I suppose "Big Shots" looks interesting mainly because it could possibly be the one true answer to "Sex and the City." Or not ... I could be getting ahead of myself.

The show boasts some heavy hitting leading men. Dylan McDermott has somehow managed to return to ABC with a new show. Christopher Titus, whom you might remember from his show "Titus" on Fox somehow looks perfect for his role of resident asshole. Joshua Malina looks like the docile type, and Michael Vartan, well, looks as hot as usual.

All four men, according to what the show is about I suppose can be lumped into more familiar type of people. For example:

James Walker (Vartan) = Carrie Bradshaw
Brody Johns (Titus) = Miranda Hobbes
Karl Mixworthy (Malina) = Charlotte York
Duncan Collinsworth (McDermott) = Samantha Jones

(And I'm guessing someone *might* have a gay friend along the way that resembles Carrie's best gay, Stanford. Right?)

Those assessments can be questioned once the pilot airs - I'm sure that the roles will be mixed around. But I've based my statements on the commercials and character summaries that I've seen and read. In other words, James Walker seems to be the central main character we're supposed to feel for, while Brody Johns' life is ruled by his successful career, Karl Mixworthy has this warped sense of reality about relationships, and Duncan Collinsworth might as well be the resident manwhore due to his unbelievably mutant good looks. And also, like on "Sex and the City," one thing rules above all: sex.

I'm mainly excited for this show because it actually looks interesting, and each member of the cast looks like they can actually bring something to this show to make it what it is. As for the women in their lives, the only familiar names I see are Nia Long and Paige Turco. I'm sure they'll each bring something good to the table as well.

Watch the preview here:


Visit: Big Shots ABC Preview Site

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 1:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Passing by...........SJP?!Looks like something I'll watch.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home