Sunday, August 05, 2007

you put a spell on me!


The yummy chicken breast sandwich ... it's warm, too!

Located in the Westfield Mall in San Francisco, 'wichcraft has been my latest discovery, even though it's been there since the new "cleaner" side of the mall opened in September of 2006. From the mastermind of Tom Colicchio, best known for being a head judge on Bravo's "Top Chef" and also his fabulous line of "crafty" restaurants, he has finally made it to The City with another one of his spectacular creations.

There are locations in New York and Los Angeles, but I believe this is the first one here in the City, and I have to say ... I'm uber grateful! One look at the menu and I was totally hooked. They offer breakfast sandwiches, cool sandwiches (cold), and warm sandwiches (sandwiches that look like they've been through the pannini machine. Hot!). I decided that my first sandwich would be the one I took a photo of up above, which is the chicken breast sandwich. It's shredded chicken breast, roasted red peppers, mozzarella cheese and pesto all on grilled country bread. It was so delicious and warm! It also came with a bag of chips, but I don't think I really needed it.

As for the atmosphere, I would say it resembles the best of what a New York City loft would look like --- like someone shopped at Crate & Barrel, but someone was careful enough to put their own little touches on it. Everything looks so clean and organized, from the furnishings to the plates. I was very impressed. It was a nice day to be in there ... not too hustle and bustle, and I was able to enjoy my sandwich at a table by the window and read Chuck Klosterman. As every day should be.

Since my trip to 'wichcraft was only my first, I have to say I am now designating it as my new place to eat at lunch. Working downtown for 5+ years has definitely made my food adventures pretty mundane, and since the new mall opened, I think I've exhausted those new options quite quickly. Also, I don't think my wallet can take anymore abuse ... every dish in that mall has to be at least 8 bucks (minimum!).

Not that 'wichcraft is easy on the wallet, but I think they're reasonable prices for the quality of food they give. Soup is something else they offer, and even something called olive oil potato chips, which sound yummier by the minute. They even have dessert! Ice cream'wich, anyone?

Visit: 'wichcraft SF, 'craftsteak NYC
P.S.: I'm reviewing this on yelp, too! Can't get enough yelping these days.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home