Wednesday, October 10, 2007

green is out, black is in



Yesterday, my relationship with my green 6GB iPod Mini ended. Bought ages ago (2005), it somehow managed to piss me off doing what it usually does (die on me), when the battery is still somewhat full. It was like a dramatic ending to one beautiful relationship that was beyond repair. As I waited in the pouring rain, I pulled out my iPod Mini in search of a tune that fit the moment (something like John Mayer ... ha) only to have one message flash before my eyes as the song became distorted:

"The battery is running low..."

I couldn't even switch it off either, and I had to press menu and the center at the same time to reset it. Angry and frustrated, I knew it was so over. Over!

The good news was that I came home to find my new black iPod Classic waiting for me. Sleeker design, more space (80GB), shinier and brighter, it was a welcome glow as opposed to that drab hunk of junk that I used to love so much. Maybe it's cliche for me to drop one thing for something that's better looking, but I do believe that I made a good choice. Upgrade!

But now comes the tedious task of putting (almost) all of my music on it, but remembering to pace myself and not put everything on it. Having the iPod Mini was kind of like practice: what to put on it, what not. And now with the option of putting TV shows and movies on it, I think I'm going to have a lot more fun with it.

More fun features:
- Games! There's the iQuiz, which on my Mini was just a "guess the song snippet" kind of Thing. But now it's better, complete with five rounds, and even a random question thrown in about something like about how many records you need to sell to go gold (500,000, FYI). I also enjoy the game Vortex, which is like Pong, but ... not.
- Cover flow: sort of like when you have iTunes on your Mac. Some reason I want to just touch the screen, but it's not a touch. I end up looking quite the fool.

I'm glad I waited a while before buying another iPod. It's good that they came out with a new one, and that it came out just in time before the holiday. And, if you're wondering, I'm not quite through with my Mini ... I'll use it for the gym, and also for uploading the music I listen to when I'm doing my reviews. We're all winners here.

Buy it here: Apple Store
Visit: Funny iPod Ad Spoofs (TechEBlog)

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home