Thursday, January 03, 2008

conan back = happy me


I can't tell you how happy I am that "Late Night with Conan O'Brien" is back tonight. So far the show has been as funny as I'm used to it being. Unfortunately, they returned without the writers, thus coming up with material on the spot as well as on the spot material previously taped. But first and foremost, he stated that he supports the writers, which was met by applause.

The show so far has included:
- Conan and his sexy strike beard, which proves that he "has testosterone."
- A nice tribute to his strike beard ... I love you.
- Conan trying to break the record of how long he can spin his wedding ring on his desk. (Longest was 41 seconds; tonight he got 36)
- A tour of Conan's office, as well as what he and others have been doing during these past two months.
- Conan talking about playing Sudoku, then throwing the book of it at someone in frustration.
- Conan and a portable amp, playing his guitar.
- Taking his amp and guitar and playing while people are trying to do work, or playing while people were trying to play Rock Band. Ha.
- regular guest Bob Saget from "Full House" and making bad jokes. Of course.

Others like Letterman and Leno returned as well, but to be pretty damn honest, I really only cared about Conan. The most important thing that should happen as quickly as possible is that this strike gets resolved ASAP. I was so upset about "Heroes" ending so early, earlier than it should have been. It would have been a phenomenal season, but right now I just feel like nothing's happening. Nothing! Hurry up! TV is super boring these days, which is something I never though I would say. I don't want to see anymore reality shows... because most of them suck.

Well... except "American Gladiators." Holy crap, I'm excited that that's coming back.

Picture from: Faded Youth Blog
Visit: O'Brien Improvises, saying "Sadly, we don't have our writers with us" (NYT Blog)

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 4:14 PM, Blogger Mike said...

oddly, i was gonna do a conan post. good deal. glad to have him back cuz the past couple nights have been hilarious. that guy is just funny.

 
At 1:08 AM, Blogger caroline said...

mike - i seriously missed conan so badly these past few months. it was like an eternity! but then again, i did catch up on my sleep... but whatever. i was unhappy. boo.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home