Saturday, October 20, 2007

sondre lerche (in real life)



Norwegian singer/songwriter Sondre Lerche won me over with his music on "Phantom Punch" so much that I was willing to trek to Amoeba earlier this year to watch him live, performing his own classic songs like "On the Tower," as well as "The Tape" and "Airport Taxi Reception." It wasn't until recently that I found out that he is the main (and pretty much only) soundtrack contributor to a film that I would like to see, which is "Dan in Real Life" starring Steve Carell.

Some of the tracks are songs that have appeared on previous albums, such as "Faces Down" but others are remakes of classic Elvis Costello and Pete Townsend songs that are sure to please audiences. His vocals are pretty much universal, basically in a way that he can sing whatever he pleases from jazz ("Duper Sessions") to experimental rock (his latest album).

Other than that ... I love him! I met him, and what a nice guy. I talked about it in a previous blog before, but I think it's worth rehashing for one last time.

If you'd like to see what I saw in March, then watch the video below in which he talks about his first musical memory, meeting Elvis Costello, and making music. It's part performance, part interview, which is cool ... but it would've been even better if they had more of the performance.




Buy it here: Amazon
Visit: Sondre Lerche @ Amoeba, 3/23/07 (Amoeba)

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home