Sunday, January 13, 2008

the martha stewart collection: did I really pay 72 bucks for a 7 quart pot?



The Martha Stewart Collection, which has probably been out for only a couple of months is my ultimate guilty pleasure. Sure I could buy pots and pans that don't have the MS brand label on it, but then again, I could also go to sleep at a reasonable hour every night and not eat dinner at 11pm. That in itself is another issue.

But to focus on the subject at hand: the collection is my vice. Anything and everything you can think of to use in the home has been made for this collection. And it seems that Martha knows that I have a weakness for newer, shinier versions of things I already have. For some reason, I believe that if Martha puts out a melon baller, I MUST HAVE A MELON BALLER. NOW. EVEN THOUGH I DON'T EAT MELONS UNLESS AT A BUFFET IN RENO.

I haven't bought as much from the MSC as you would think, especially since I'm a super hardcore Martha enthusiast. So far, I am satisfied by each of the products I have bought.


Product: "Waterman" Double Old Fashioned Glass
Price: $19.99
Worth it?: Absolutely. My family has always had a penchant for breaking glasses, which made me a little apprehensive about buying these glasses. But for a bargain like this for some European glass, I really, really could not not buy it. Also, if anyone breaks any of these glasses, they know what will happen to them. I really like how they look, too.
Personal rating: pretty damn great.


Product: Non-stick Spring form Pan
Price: $9.99
Worth it?: For me, yes, since I cannot find my old spring form pans. My only regret is that this spring form pan doesn't have any ridges on the bottom, therefore when I made the Triple Chocolate Cheesecake from Everyday Food, it was kind of rough to lift out of the pan at first. I recommend letting your cheesecake set for more than a couple of hours in this pan. Maybe even for a day.
Personal rating: super.


Product: 7-Qt. Cast Iron Round Pot
Price: $119.99 (Regular price - currently unavailable online!)
Worth it?: YES, YES, YES!!! I can't tell you how much it helps to go to an actual Macy's and check out the collection in person. It seems to me that anytime I'm walking around in The Cellar, everything is on sale. Last week, I bought myself a red one (much, much prettier than the blue one in my opinion) for the ultimate low price of $72 bucks. I really love having this pot, and I cannot stop talking about it, let along using it. When and if I'm home early enough to make dinner, this is the pot I have been using. I christened it while making the Beef Stew recipe from December's Everyday Food. It took a while, but I enjoyed making a meal in a really, really nice pot. I can't wait to do a roast! While it's not a Le Creuset... okay. I really don't care.
Personal rating: the best (damn) thing since sliced bread. And drive-thru Starbucks locations.

There is a lot more from this collection that I could go for, but at the same time, I'm happy with the things that I do have, as well as the things from the MSC that I have shelled out some cash for. If there is anything I really recommend, it's that you visit Macy's and try to buy everything on sale. Usually on sale is the cookware, bakeware, and even dinnerware. But never the gadgets and things ... never. And, if you're as hardcore as I am, I really think getting that 7-quart pan is essential.

Sigh... Martha Stewart has truly made my house a home.


Product photos from: The Martha Stewart Collection at Macy's
MS Logo Photo: Doyle Partners
Visit: Martha Stewart (official)
The Martha Blog (official blog!)
Secret Sources (Martha's favorite sources)

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home