Wednesday, January 16, 2008

so long (and good night.)


Brad Renfro (1982 - 2008)

(Dexter has just woken up to find his sleeping bag drenched with sweat. Erik is already awake from hearing him whimper; he takes the shirt off his back to give to Dexter, and gives him his dry sleeping bag as well. Dexter is scared, and Erik assures him that he is not alone.)

Dexter: Suppose you kept going another 18 billion light years, what if there's nothing out there? Suppose you kept going another trillion times further, so far out you see nothing. The light from the universe would be fainter than the faintest star. Infinitely cold. Infinitely dark. Sometimes if I wake up and it's dark, I get really scared, like I'm out there and I'm never coming back.
Erik: Here, hold onto this when you sleep. And if you wake up and you're scared, you'll say, "Wait a minute. I'm holding Erik's shoe. Why the hell would I be holding some smelly basketball shoe a trillion light years from the universe? I must be here on earth, safe in my sleeping bag, and Erik must be close by."

(Scene from "The Cure")

---

I think Sir Ian McKellen, Brad's co-star from "Apt Pupil" really puts it best as to how much everyone will miss this kid.

---

Films he made that I recommend you check out: The Client, Ghost World, Telling Lies In America, Apt Pupil, Bully.
Randomly useless fact about that photo: About five years ago, I was planning on putting that photo on a t-shirt because of how cool I thought it was.

Visit: Brad Renfro.org

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home