Friday, March 28, 2008

redux: Brushfire Fairytales

(Albums I have, which I revisit in times of need ... or when I'm utterly and completely bored.)


Coming down...

I forgot where I first heard about Jack Johnson, but I don't think it really matters. He's mellow, he's from Hawaii, plays a guitar and has a voice to go with it.

But Brushfire Fairytales, his debut album, has to be one of my favorites. It was the album that introduced him into the mainstream, and it doesn't get any simpler than that. It's pretty much straight forward pop-acoustic tunage that you can listen to on a road trip or while you watch a sunset at the beach. Nothing complicated, and I think that's what sets him apart from the rest. It's good for a rainy day, just like this one.

Songs from "Brushfire Fairytales" that I like a lot: "Inaudible Melodies," "Posters," "Fortunate Fools," "F-Stop Blues"

Jack Johnson will be in San Francisco for the Outside Lands Festival in Golden Gate Park, August 22-24th. Tickets are going for, gasp, $225 bones PLUS fees! Holy crap. But you'd have to expect it, especially since others like Radiohead (!!!), Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers, Wilco, Ben Harper & The Innocent Criminals, Broken Social Scene, and so many others are going to be there. Maybe he'll come back another time, just him ... and cheaper, too.

Visit: 1% For The Planet, an organization Jack Johnson is highly active in.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home